 Robotics / Handy Board / 148
Re: Max poke rate?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:12:17 GMT

Franklin Ranier Roller wrote:

Hi,
    I've been trying to write to PD2 using the following:

    int write_port(int port, int value, int mask)
    {
    poke(port,(value & mask)|(peek(port) & ~mask));
    }

    It works fine except that the fastest cycle that I can get out of
PD2 is about 242 Hz. I need 1.6 kHz. In between PD2_on and PD2_off
I put a msleep(1L) or a sleep(0.001) and the sleep function is faster,
but still not a 1 mS or 1kHz. I've even tried sleep(0.0006) with same
result. Any recommendations? Do I have to hog the processor or what.

Frank

One option might be to try Kurt Konolige's IC compiler.  I believe it
only runs on a Unix machine, but you are able to compile programs for
greater speed.

Check out

http://www.ai.sri.com/people/erratic/icn.html

Tom