 Robotics / Handy Board / 1486
1485  |  1487
Subject:
Motors, gear boxes, tools
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:11:01 GMT

Greetings:
  on the Hanyboard web page, Tower Hobbies is mentioned as source for RC
supplies etc.  I would reccommend highly for electric motors, gear
boxes, tools including a nice metal turning lathe, Hobby Lobby
International www.hobby-lobby.com  Don't forget the hyphen.
   Many of their motors are too big amp wise for the the Hany Board but
the way to go is to get their most recent catalog for $3  They sell a
servo-not cheap but it exerts 33 lbs(pounds) and will respond to within
half a degree of position.
   They are the US distributors for Graupner-the German mega concern .
They even sell radial CO2plane engines.  That's off the subject butthe
point is-I happen to think they are far and way the best for "stuff"
you'll find no where else-which will be of definite interest to Handy
Board users and robotics practioneers in general.  Cheers:  Cappy
Anderson at C-Dog Systems-at this point only a table top company