 Robotics / Handy Board / 1475
  Re: expansion board

I used the one available IR LED driver on the HB to drive a Radio Shack high-output IR LED. This, along with a Radio Shack IR decoder module (a little silver box about the size of a sugar cube that takes +5vdc and ground, and outputs a TTL level (...) (27 years ago, 14-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: expansion board

(...) I can vouch for this technique, this is basically what I do in my PIC program (except the randomness which is a nice touch BTW) and get rock solid detections. When the frequency is spot on to the center frequency (38Khz for the 1ISU60's) and (...) (27 years ago, 15-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: expansion board

I too have used a similar technique. I used a 555 timer and a 567 tone decoder instead of a PIC. Using an IR can from Rat Shack, and five ir-LED's I get a sensor that sees straight ahead, 30 degrees and 60 degrees to each side. Set the 555 for about (...) (27 years ago, 15-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)