 Robotics / Handy Board / 1472
Re: expansion board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 17:11:57 GMT

Richard Whitehead wrote:
It seems to me that the first thing most people want to add to their
robots that is not supported on the handyboard itself, is IR
collission detection.

I've got a PIC chip programmed with IR collision-detection built
into it (I'm trying to get some of the new 8 pin PICs to see if
I can make an "all in one" unit. Basically the interface is two
bits:
bit 0 output - Turn on IR illumination (double modulated)
bit 1 input  - Reflection detected.

The code is a variation on the IR code that is on cher already. So
give me two I/O pins, one in and one out and I can put a reliable
IR detector on it. I can also repeat for 'n' detectors.

--Chuck

--
cmcmanis@netcom.com              http://www.professionals.com/~cmcmanis
All opinions in the non-included text above are the sole opinions of