 Robotics / Handy Board / 1433
1432  |  1434
Subject:
HB does not enter on bootstrap mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 15:32:20 GMT

I followed step 4.4 in the HB assembly manual. I hold down STOP-SW while
powering on the board, then the battery LED light for 1/3 s, but the
power light does not go OFF. I have checked that the MODA signal and the
RESET are present at the 68HC11, but there is allways a high level at
pin 21(TXD) of the 68HC11. With the 68HC11 unplugged, I tested the PWR
LED shorting the pin 6 of RP4 to ground, and PWR LED goes off/on
properly. So I think the problem is in the 68HC11.

Is my 68HC11 damaged, or is locked in a "MODE of OPERATION" and need to
be unlocked by an special operation?
--
Jesús Recuenco
jmrecu@encomix.es