 Robotics / Handy Board / 1407
Re: expansion board schematic posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 15:15:39 GMT

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Fred G. Martin wrote:

Hi all,

I have put on the web site a schematic drawing of the expansion board
as it currently stands.

I would appreciate any comments regarding the feature set.  In
particular, I'm not sure what's best to do with the two digital
outputs:

* just provide the raw CMOS signal
* drive an NPN transistor to give a 100 mA 5v switched power
* use a pair of transistors per output to give 1A, 9v switched power

any suggestions are welcome.

-Fred

Since there's some prototyping area, why not just make them regular CMOS
signals and include application notes on the web page on how to use the
signals for various options.

How does the expansion board mount?  Looks like it plugs into the top of
the Handyboard?

-mike

* Michael L. Ross/C33 | Lockheed Martin Eng & Sci Svcs Co. ****
* Robotics Department | 2400 Nasa Rd. 1, Houston, TX 77058*****
* (281)333-7094; (281)333-6071 fax*    #include <disclaimer.h>*
* Finger me for my public key.  mross@outland.jsc.nasa.gov ****