 Robotics / Handy Board / 1389
1388  |  1390
Subject:
My motors quit!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 02:02:49 GMT

Howdy,

Well I finally got my bot to going and was hooking up the bump sensors.  I
had one plugged in and was seeing how it functioned when all of the sudden
there was dead silence.  My motors quit running.  I have them hooked to
ports 0 and 1 of the motor ports.  I ran the testmotors and all the lights
blink as prescribed.  I checked the voltage of port 0 and it was 4.97 volts
and port 1 has 2.96 volts out.  The lights come on when I start my program
and go off when I stop it but my motors are dead.  I am running two
permanent magnet gear reduced motors that operate from 3 to 9 volts or so. I
can power the motors with a battery and they run just fine.  Anyone know
what has happened!

Thanks

Bill Rose