 Robotics / Handy Board / 1357
  Is 18V correct?

Oh, you hardware guys must really hate us software guys but... I just purchased a volt meter, I had used on in college a long time ago, so I placed the voltmeter across the AC adapter and it read 18.0, I'm guessing this is 18 volts, but I could be (...) (28 years ago, 29-Jan-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is 18V correct?

this is correct. normal dc adapters are unregulated and there is a reciprocal relation between voltage and current. when you just plug it in and and measure voltage, current is 0 and hence voltage is higher than the spec. if you draw the rated 500 (...) (28 years ago, 29-Jan-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is 18V correct?

For the HB, when do you draw 500mA? When you put the interface on "Zap Charge", do you lower the voltage less that 12V? What about when you "trickle" it? Hihger that 12V? (...) (28 years ago, 29-Jan-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)