 Robotics / Handy Board / 1347
1346  |  1348
Subject:
What a day.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:41:44 GMT

Well I wanted to demo my new robot it was cool, but the day did not turn
out to well.

I think I switched the phone cables.  When I tried to connect my
interface board with the HB, it would not run IC.  I then tried to
download a new PCODE_HR.S19, but it was not working, it would tell me
the board may not be in download mode and it was.  I switched phone
cables thinking that this could be the problem,  When I plugged the new
cable in I fried the R11, R12 and yellow LED on the interface board.
Needless to say I did not try to download anything after.

I did get another R11, R12 and Yellow LED put 'em in and tried to
download the Pcode with the phone cable I left at home but still did not
work, so I tried the phone cable I took to work and that again burnt the
R11, this however was not the first phone cable.

I guess I need to sort out the phone cables and maybe get a new
interface board.  Does anyone sell just the interface board, and what is
the lettering on the phone cable.  Has this happened to anyone else and
did the HB survive?

-Jim