 Robotics / Handy Board / 1294
Re: Robot Soccer Teams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 03:10:46 GMT

Perhaps someone can post it on their HomePage or something so that we all can read it.    :)

I just read in Nuts & Volts about your triumph!!  What an impressive
feat!  Doesn't it get boring having your robots beat the competition 15
to zip?  Just kidding..  I can imagine the excitement you all must have
felt to see your creation take off seem to have a mind of its own.

We're getting close on our "find objects and return them to the 'toy
box'" project with HB, Polaroids, IR, et al, and I am really looking
forward to watching it all come together.

Having the forwards pass the ball and shoot!  WOW!  I can imagine a
routine that has a bot with an opponent between it and the goal deciding
to pass.  Was that what you did?  Or was passing part of the routine?
Or did the robots figure that one out by themselves?  :-)

Congratulations again.  Reading your story has been a great inspiration
to our team and I am making Katl's article about your team required
reading.
--
Richard T. Vannoy II                 richardv@abac.com
PO Box 103                         Computer Programmer