 Robotics / Handy Board / 1285
1284  |  1286
Subject:
dual servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 05:24:55 GMT

Hello world,

To richardv@abac.com, I am eagerly awaiting your results.  To
joe.doubek@privy.com, I'll keep you posted.  So far I have gotten to the stage
of pretty well ruling out input noise as the cause of twitching servos.  I have
almost identical routines right now; one using dual servos, the other single.
The single one works fine, the double is unstable.  These routines basically
sample analog input from a potentiometer and convert it into an output pulse
via simple algebra.  Frequency of sampling seems to have no effect on the
twitching.  Also, using an array to hold previous sampling values and average
them with the current sample so as to fight spikes seems to have little or no
effect.  Finally, I have the servos running off a 6V power supply plugged into
the wall, so I don't think that anything on the board is being taxed.  I hope
these observations are of some use.

Thanks,

Dave