 Robotics / Handy Board / 121
120  |  122
Subject:
Handyboard assembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 16:51:57 GMT

We have assembled our fifth handyboard and have run into the following
problem. (The other four boards went smoothly). The command dl pcode_hb.s19
downloads fine just as it did on the four other boards that we have built.

However, when I power cycle the board, I do not get the familiar Interactive
C and the heart beat monitor. The LCD panel is dim, just as it was in the
bootstrap mode and the power light (green) is on.

The board checks out OK, the oscillator is working fine.

When I hookup other handyboards, everyting goes smoothly with the same
charger and wires that I have setup.

Does anyone have suggestions how I might proceed further in troubleshooting
this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Ram
Ramasubramanian
Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
North Carolina State University
Box 7910
Raleigh, NC 27695-7910

(919)515-5268