 Robotics / Handy Board / 1175
  sending signals over power lines

hello. While this question doesn't pertain directly to the handyboard, I thought I would post it here since I am using the handyboard in my project. Some of you may have heard of this product: There are devices on the market (radio shack and a few (...) (28 years ago, 27-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sending signals over power lines

(...) There are a bunch of proposals along these lines (eia standards, and future standards) CeBus, LonWorks. X-10 is most prevelant, somewhat limited, and some of the stuff sold is of marginal quality, although some is really good. X-10 is what you (...) (28 years ago, 27-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sending signals over power lines

(...) Whether the signal is traveling over AC or DC does not matter. What type of current is running through the wires is unimportant. What is important is that your electical wires *already run all over your house*. What these devices are (...) (28 years ago, 27-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sending signals over power lines

(...) Andrew, I've putzed around a bit with the system you've discribed. Its called X-10 power line carrier transmission. (P.L.C.) The codes format was setup back in 1978 for Sears and Radio Shacks Plug 'n Power system. Since then X10 Powerhouse has (...) (28 years ago, 28-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)