 Robotics / Handy Board / 1122
1121  |  1123
Subject:
Sonar and encoder conflict.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 16:46:37 GMT

I am attempting to run the following routine on my Handyboard

int check()
    {
    int inches;
    ping(0);
    msleep(35L);
    inches=sonar_time/150;
    printf("%d \n",inches);
    return inches;
    }

The program runs great and returns the proper value (Thanks to the
software from Kent!!)  However, when I attempt to load the encoders.lis
file the check() function stops working and reports an answer of 213
everytime it is run.  Is there a conflict between the sonar routines and
the encoder routines.  Does anyone have a fix.  I need to use the
encoder(1) routine for maze navigation software I've written.  Any quick
response would be appreciated, as this is my Senior Project and it is
due on Tuesday!!!  If I can get pass this hurdle, my project should be
fully functional.   Thanks.

Justin K.K.
Justink@Earthlink.net
JK75943@ltu.edu