 Robotics / Handy Board / 1099
Re: IR relectance Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 06:33:19 GMT

MAR ERICSON wrote:
Where is a good place to get IR relectance sensors?

Also, I'm having a little trouble comprehending some specs.

There may be a miscommunication here.

There are IR Reflectance sensors, that are designed to note notches
and bar codes and such, which have a sensing distance measured in
millimeters, and there are IR receiver modules that were originally
designed to pick up IR remote control signals, but then converted into
'long range' reflectance sensors by the robotics community. The latter
is available in the form or the Sharp GP1U52x and ISU60 and is
available from Sharp distributors (the former is available from radio
shack.)

--Chuck

--
--Chuck McManis       http://www.professionals.com/~cmcmanis/index.html
All opinions in this message are those of the author. No warranty as to