 Robotics / Handy Board / 1094
1093  |  1095
Subject:
ir obstacle detector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:37:50 GMT

This is the number of Radio Shacks fax service.  I had bought the IR
detector module part number 267-137 and on the back it said "For a
complete data sheet call Radio Shack FaxBack at 1-800-323-6586 and request
document #3313.  If you do not have a fax machine, the data sheet
is available from your local Radio Shack store."

Included in the fax they send you is a schematic for a transmitter and
receiver.  I used the transmitter and then, since I wasn't interested in
decoding the signal, I used the output as it was, with a capacitor to do
a bit of smoothing.  Connected it to the Handy/Mini board analog sensor
inputs and it gives a distinct level change as an object gets to within
about 20 cm.

   -Dirk