 Robotics / Handy Board / 1036
1035  |  1037
Subject:
(Handy-B) wrong connection...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 17:32:10 GMT

Hello,

I made a terrible mistake.
By mistake I connected the pos. side of the powerheader (10 V) to
the middle row of the digital ports (Vccc ; 5 V , (if I'm not mistaking)).
With this action I probably blew up (a) component(s) on my handyboard.
I think it might be the memory.
This because I am - able to download pcode_hb.s19
                  - not able to run IC
                  - no IC welcome message appears after powerstart

I hope someone can tell me which parts might be dammaged and tell how
to solve the problem. I am thinking of replacing the (memory) IC with
written on it : MCM60L256AP10   ZQQAG8841
By which type can I replace it; by any 32K battery-backed CMOS static RAM
or is the pinconfiguration non-standard?

Thanks in advance!    greetings  Peter Tabbers
                                 fk96pta@student.hk-r.se

ps. below I have written down the messages that appear:

When I download the operating system (dl~ pcode_hb.s19)
the following (normal) messages appear:
        Downloading 256 byte bootstrap (229 data)
        Download successful
        config is 0c
        sending pcode_hb.s19   ............
        done

If I powerstart the handyboard then, the IC welcome message does not appear.

When I try to run IC the following messages appear:
        Attampting to link to board on port com2
        Synchronizing with board
        Pcode version 81.81 present on board
        Incompatible pcode version, or pcode corrupt
        Please use "dl" to reload pcode