 Robotics / Handy Board / 1016
    frame material —Scott Sherman
   Hi, Does anyone know of a good place to get material for building a frame for a robot - preferably aluminum? This is for a robot who's overall size is app. 12 inches by 12 inches so it needs to be something like 3/4 inch channel with some thickness (...) (28 years ago, 4-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: frame material —Tom G. Brusehaver/Consultant Euler Solutions
     (...) When I used to build aluminum robots I bought it at the hardware store. They usually have racks of metal, steel, aluminium, and sometimes copper and brass. Hobby stores sell small pieces also. I now mostly use plastic (for small robots) or (...) (28 years ago, 4-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: frame material —ED Spike
   On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Scott Sherman wrote: Hi, (...) Suggestion: Printer Circuit board with a thickness suitable. Say 1/8 inch. PVC plastic PC Board card guides for edging and bumper. One can solder to the copper. Two sided also acts as a power buss (...) (28 years ago, 4-Dec-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)