 Robotics / Handy Board / 1007
1006  |  1008
Subject:
Low voltage at digital ports 7 & 8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 23:16:51 GMT

I have been using the Handyboard on an R/C vehicle platform with Hall
Effect sensors as the wheel shaft encoders.  I've succesfully used the
encoders.c routine which requires hooking the Hall Effects to Digital
Ports 7&8 for about six months now.  The sensor bounces between 0V and
5V when the magnets pass. However, recently the sensor only bounces
between 0V and 1V and the routine doesn't pick up the pulses.  I thought
the sensor might have been damaged somehow, but when I hook up the
sensor to any other digital port but 7&8 the result is the proper output
of 0 & 5V.  Any ideas as to whats wrong? Did I blow the internal pull-up
resistors at ports 7&8? Can I use the encoders.c routine at two other
input ports?  If so, how?

Any ideas and/or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Justin K. Koenders         Justink@Earthlink.net
JK75943@LTU.EDU