 Robotics / Education / 108
    Are these Robolab parts? —Jan-Albert van Ree
   Hope this is the correct newsgroup... The URL below is a picture in which some kind of sensor is displayed... The brick is 2*3 studs, and 1 1/3 brick high. The big hole in the side is big enough for a Technic axle to go through. The small hole seems (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

        Re: Are these Robolab parts? —Soh Chio Siong
     (...) Hey, that's a nifty looking shaft encoder. Where did you dig up that thing from? Is it truly made by TLC? It looks like one of those handcrafted works by John Barnes. It's the basis for an angle or rotation sensor. You will need to use it with (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

        Re: Are these Robolab parts? —Dan LaFountain
   (...) Jan This comes from the original LEGO TC Logo materials (1980s) and was used as a counting wheel. You could use it as a rotation sensor by counting the number of seperations between black and white. It could also be used as an angle sensor. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

        Re: Are these Robolab parts? —Jan-Albert van Ree
   (...) Thanks a lot! Now I at least know WHAT I have... too bad I can't use it. I have 2 sets, if anybody's interested, drop me a line at javanree@vanree.net and I'm sure we can work something out :) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.edu)