 Robotics / Education / 10
    RE: ABC News coverage of "Astronaut Companion" Robot —Jeffrey Hazen
   Not to be a nudge or anything, but I doubt they use fans....there isn't much air up there to push around ;>) The astronaut back packs use compressed nitrogen, I believe. I don't think they use them (after the initial tests), because of the inherent (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

        Re: ABC News coverage of "Astronaut Companion" Robot —Andrew Lynch
   Not to be a nudge back at you, but I believe that they DO use fans. The information that I saw regarding these gave me the impression that they were for INSIDE the spacecraft. Where there would be plenty of air, in use for other relatively mundane (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)