 Robotics / CyberMaster / 64
Re: Cybermaster ? What and where is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:52:19 GMT

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 04:42:50 GMT, "Monica Stewart"
<nica@appliedfantasy.net> wrote:

First off, I don't have a cybermaster, but I've stumbled across web pages
with information concerning Cybermaster many times and I was seriously
thinking of trying to purchase a set. It comes in a really cool case!

It does seem to be mostly for European distribution, but curiously, in my
RIS 1.0 set, they had included an ad for the Cybermaster.

It seems to be sort of like the RIS except that the control is by radio link
from the computer to a sort of smartbrick/receiver that has some motors
built into it.

It is reported to be somewhat less powerful and flexible than the RIS, but I
sort of like the remote control concept. I sometimes wonder if it really
makes sense to expect a robot to have to carry it's own brainpower with it,
but that's a question for a whole new discussion.

In lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, Corey Ward writes:
What exactly is the Cybermaster? I am seeing posts about it but I do not see
this in the U.S. Is this a Eurpoean only product similar to the RIS? Is it
different in some ways?
Thanks

The case isn't that cool:) There has been a few in aluminum suitcases,
but generally it's delivered in cardbox suitcases. But it is a very
good set, it can be programmed with many of the same tools as the
Mindstorms, as it has many of the same functions as the RCX. The big
difference is that it has two onboard motors, and outlet for one
external motor, and it will only accept passive sensors. The RC link
is IMO a mayor advantage, as I'm more to direct control than
programming.

If you want one, you need to decide quickly, as they're rapidly being
sold out (at least around here, where they're going for app. 500DKK).

I can help you get one if you like, but you need to be quick about it.

Kind regards
John Jensen