 Robotics / 9996
Re: Turning with one motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:09:31 GMT

The ratchet arm doesn't stop the wheel from turning properly. If you play about
with it it should do. Try changing the end bit --- I think I used a 3-axle to
stick down onto the gear wheel, so you should have an inverted L shape where
they just have an arm...

--
Mark Rendle

Est nunc salvus cessare vester computare
Simon Holt <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
I am another one who got the RIS for Christmas.

I have built the prototype from the back of the manual that uses
one motor to turn both of the tracks with the differential.

The problem is I can't get it to turn when it goes into reverse.  I had
a look on the Lego web site that had a slightly different design but
that doesn't work either.  It either just clicks and turns normally or
when I try to tighten it with a band just locks up both wheels.

I've tried loads of different approaches with no success so I am
giving up and asking you lot, I'm sure there is a simple solution but
I can't see it.

Simon Holt
MIL Motoring Research
NOP Automotive
Ludgate House
245 Blackfriars Road
London SE1 9UL
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7890 9253 (direct line/voicemail)
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7890 9263
Website: http://www.nop.co.uk/automotive