 Robotics / 9926
9925  |  9927
Subject:
I2C protocol for legOS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 00:02:17 GMT

Hi all,

Musing over the lack of expandability of an RCX, I thought that it may be
possible to use a 2-wire I2C serial protocol with sensors and motors. Each
sensor would have a small microcontroller (probably a PIC) and a small battery
cell. Motors would need their own power source as the RCX would not power them.

Has anyone investigated this before? I think legOS would be an ideal
development platform to link this into.

Cheers,
Mark