 Robotics / 9871
Re: Remote RCX control using a second RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:50:19 GMT

Now when the world shop is gone, where am I supposed to buy my extra sensors
and such? In my Swedish RIS version, a line of text said "you can buy extra
sensors on Legoworldshop.com". But now when it´s gone, all I can hope is
that they´ll sell as accesory packs for 2000.

--Tobias

Hari Wiguna wrote:
For those not lucky enough to have a second RCX, the LEGO remote control
works great as well.
As bonus, you even can control your RCX without even writing any code.
Just press the A,B, or C buttons to control the A,B, or C motors remotely!
Pretty slick.  IMHO, well worth the $20 cost.

LEGO world shop is gone, this is the best photo I can find on the net.
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?ID=1397&r=1

Tobias Möller wrote in message ...
I´m probably not the first one to think up this, but I just built a very • fun
robot using two RCX units. First, I built one robot with motors, a • standing
one with a swiveling wheel in the back. I used parts to make it look
"human", added eyes and arms (that does not move). then, using the other
RCX, I built a simple remote control using two touch sensors. When one
sensor is pressed/released, it sends a message to the robot that will turn
on/off the motors. The right sensor controls the right motor and the left
sensor the left motor.

If you have access to another RCX (does not need to be a complete RIS kit,
just another RCX) then try to build something similar. It´s fun to watch • it
drive, and you can operate it from a (pretty) far distance.

--Tobias