 Robotics / 9842
  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

(...) I absolutely agree with that: better mechanics would prevent the skipping teeth problem. (...) I'm not convinced of that, at least not yet. It seeems to me that if there was enough differential force to skip teeth AT ALL, then even if I force (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

If the two motors are supplied with similar electrical power, and there is any real work to be done, then the two motors will not "fight" each other. They will each contribute their part to get the work done. There is no need for any fancy (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

Dave Johnson <djohnson@sirius.com> wrote in message news:0FNZ00K0NMSRQ3@...pbi.net... (...) There is no "differential force". At least nothing you could measure. The teeth are skipping because of inertia in the things that are connected to them. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)