 Robotics / 9787
    Re: Balancing Bots —Jacob Schultz
   (...) Of course you are right, but there are some problems: It depends on the quality of the gearing. The problem here is backlash - it doesn't help much to have 1/10 deg. resolution if you have 5 deg. backlash in the gearing. Another problem is (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Balancing Bots —Carl Schaefer
   Jacob, Off-topic, I know, but .... I believe that the equations that you provided, although for a frictionless inverted pendulum, are nonlinear. You can linearize these equations about some reference point and convert them to state-space form, which (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)