 Robotics / 9760
9759  |  9761
Subject:
Linking RCX and CyberMaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:04:48 GMT

Hi!

I'm currently thinking about buying myself a Cybermaster (cause our local
Toys'R'Us is selling the cases 50% off...) and read through all the articles on
the list about Cybermaster and RCX.

There was one mail which hit me: It stated that one downpoint of the two is
that you can't link them, cause one is RF and the other IR.

But what about linking them via an output and an input? Just connect a cable to
the output of the cybermaster and the input of the RCX and you can send signals
to the RCX. That way you can radiocontrol the cybermaster vehicle and trigger
some action of a mounted RCX device (a robot arm or something)?

I'm not a big light in hardware, so perhaps the direct link will not work
(short-circuit?) and you will need to put some kind of relay between the two?
Does anyone know better than I do?

Regards,
  Oliver.