 Robotics / 967
  Re: Educational Uses

(...) Well, Lego has some -- check out Lego Dacta. But I think those are mostly targeted at a younger age. (...) Prey and predator is _very_ difficult. It's hard for one robot to detect the relative location of another. (If someone has a good (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Educational Uses

(...) Well, my (perhaps naive idea) was to start with some very, very simple feedback loops of the kind: a) program a robot to find a fixed target using only reactivity to a gradient (this approach would simulate a very rudimentary sense of smell); (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Educational Uses

I teach electronics to 11th & 12th graders at a vocational school near Lake Ontario N.Y.(BOCES). I am trying to convince my boss that Mindstorms is THE thing I need to teach intro to robotics. I am getting a set for myself this weekend to learn (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Educational Uses

The only site with K-12 RCX-related lesson plans (that I know of): (URL) Systems Engineering section has the most to do with RCX, although the kinetic sculpture section has some RCX stuff too. I've done intelligent houses, a ski resort... and also (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)