 Robotics / 2296
Re: Educational Uses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 23:33:35 GMT

The only site with K-12 RCX-related lesson plans (that I know of):

http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/Curriculum/legoengineering.html

The Systems Engineering section has the most to do with RCX, although the
kinetic sculpture section has some RCX stuff too.  I've done intelligent
houses, a ski resort... and also the amusement park (the curriculum that comes
with ROBOLAB).  You should look into getting ROBOLAB over Mindstorms if this is
for school.

-Ben

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Bill Leggett) writes:
I teach electronics to 11th & 12th graders at a vocational school near
Lake Ontario N.Y.(BOCES). I am trying to convince my boss that
Mindstorms is THE thing I need to teach intro to robotics. I am getting
a set for myself this weekend to learn about it.(Toys-R-Us $200.00) Is
there anybody out there with any Lesson Plans using Mindstorms? Will the
books that come with it be enough for about 5-7 weeks of classwork? I
REALLY like the idea of Prey & predator to split the class into
competition! IDEAS!!??   :-)   Thanks ahead of time and I am GLAD they
stopped talking about the LegOs SoftFirmware stuff!

Later, Bill Leggett