 Robotics / 9598
Re: At last, RC servos are a go!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 22:13:56 GMT

Pink Tail writes:
> The motor output from the RCX is decoded as a serial
> data stream. There are 14 possible codes, 7 on each
> wire from the RCX. In my case I have the PIC programmed
> to set a selected servo left or right of center for power settings
> 0 - 5 and set it to center on power 7. Reverse or forward
> controls which side of center is desired.

Very clever, grasshopper!  That way you need nothing special in the
RCX firmware.

> Each servo drives a lego style valve. Actually, the servo
> arm is attached to the valve body, the center of rotation
> being set to the location of the dimple. The valve "lever"
> is held still in a technic beam hole. Since the pneumatic
> tubes are flexible, this doesn't matter.

Pictures??  How do you fix the servo to other lego bricks?  For the
ones I tried, I hot-melt-glued them.  Unfortunately, the servo was
stronger than the glue!

> I am in the process of converting the schematics to jpg
> format. If anybody out there is interested, let me know
> and I'll try and email you the info.

Email it to me and I'll put it on the web page.

--
-russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country