 Robotics / 9586
Re: USB->Serial converters and IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:33:53 GMT

Barbara Nostrand <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:l03130302b49298cd4367@[136.176.42.230]...
Hi.

The new Pitsco Catalogue has an ENTEGRA USB Adapter. Apparently
you also need a special driver as it comes bundled with software.
The cost is $59.00 which is relatively cheap as this sort of
thing goes.

Thanks to all who replied!  I got it working by downloading the latest
drivers from Entrega.
I paid $55 for the converter from the local Frys, but $59 is definitely a
pretty good deal
from Pitsco, especially if they bundle it with the drivers known to work.

Clint, I already have a USB hub at work for this laptop, where I need to
attach many USB
devices (keyboard, mouse, CD writer, floppy drive, etc.) but what I was
looking for here
was something small and portable and more convenient to hook to the laptop
when I'm using
it for robotics in the living room, the loft, the study, or my daughter's
school, the U1S9 looked
(and now that it works with RoboLab, IS) perfect.

-Peter