 Robotics / 9510
Re: Newbie Question - Programming the Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:14:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Jeff Buckey" <jbuckey@earthlink.net> writes:
The SDK doesn't
really give any good examples of how to use this command (opcode) and I'm
not sure what to pass it as a parameter.

ScoutDef.h is heavily commented and should make it a little clearer.  Look at
the EVENT_* defines.

Should I AND the hex values (or their binary equivalents) for TOUCH1 and
TOUCH2 together (using a #define maybe?) and then use that as the second
parameter?  Something like:
#define SEN_BOTH_MOTORS 0x0001 & 0x0004
mone SRC_CON, SEN_BOTH_MOTORS, GoHere

First you mean OR, not AND.  Those are the right numbers (EVENT_T1PR and
EVENT_T2PR).  You could use EVENT_T1PR | EVENT_T2PR, or you could use the
predefined constant EVENT_TPR.  In fact, this very example is in the SDK.

--Ben