 Robotics / 9505
Re: Design Question - For a newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 05:45:12 GMT

Jeff Buckey wrote:
[edited]
[...]
I would like to make a bot that will drive straight forward (maybe in a
pattern like a circle), and upon running into something will fire off a
projectile (using the small "gun" and rubber tipped "bullet" that comes with
the RDS) then turn and flee. • [...]
the robot, my problem is that I only have 2 motors.  I've built the bug bot • [...]
simultaneous motors, but unfortunately I don't have that luxury.  How can I
use just one motor to drive the bot, and make it turn, so I can use the
second motor to launch the projectile?

Why use a motor to launch the bullet?

If you make the bumper trigger the gun, in addition to the touch sensor,
that leaves both motors free (to drive) and satisfies your design goals.

Have fun,
- Joe