 Robotics / 9456
    Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains —James Powell
   (...) My suggestion: Touch: Have the track elevated, and free to move up and down (1 'hinged' joint). Then have your touch sensor below the track. Light: Hard to get accurate, repeatable measurements. If light level changes, requires recalibration. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains —James Brown
   (...) This would be my suggestion as well, if you want to use a touch sensor. If I recall correctly, they should be robust enough that the weight of the track won't set them off, but the weight of a passing train will. The only thing I'd worry about (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)