 Robotics / 9424
  Re: On the subject of gluing

(...) John Kelly is more experienced with this than I am, but I did spend a few hours in the model shop once... :-) The 'glue' is MEK: Methyl Ethyl Keytone. (Spelling?) Very nasty stuff, dangerous fumes, etc. Vent fans are placed within about a foot (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

(...) The fans are to meet OSHA guidelines, but I would -not- recommend working with the stuff in a enclosed space. It is dammed potent stuff... (...) That, or Slaters (UK) make MEK_PAK, which works great, or laccure(sp) thinner is also MEK. You (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)