 Robotics / 9364
re: troubleshooting IR interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:50:57 GMT

"J" == J Alan Eldridge <alane@wozzle.geeksrus.net> writes:

J> I added a third serial port to my Linux system, verified it worked
J> by testing my ppp link over it, and then went to use Kekoa's
J> software to try to talk to it and get 'IR tower not
J> responding'. Tried three different batteries; tower seems dead. Are
J> there any lights or anything on it that indicate that it is even
J> comatose, as opposed to just plain dead?

The light inside of the tower will light up.

I had a similar problem.  I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I
double checked the hardware in W98.  When I came back to linux it
worked fine.  Maybe it was confused because I use the same serial port
for a camera and palm pilot.

(You did set the environmental variable or added the command line
parameter to point to the new port?)

--
Michael Bain
Meeting, n.: