 Robotics / 9201
9200  |  9202
Subject:
R2D2 and the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:10:02 GMT

Hello all,

  Just this past weekend I finally purchased the Lego RIS and DDK.  While
unpacking both sets I was intrigued by one fo the pictures I saw in the
promotional information included in the package.  The picture was of the back
of R2D2 with the RIS RCX mounted in the back.  I have also seen this picture
on the Lego Mindstorm website.  The only problem is that there are no
instructions that I have been able to find, that show the front of the droid
in this configuration.  From the rear facing pictures it looks as tho two
motors and two sensors are being used.  What I am wondering is if anyone has
been able to figure out a way to do the following:  Setup motors for forward
and reverse motion, setup a steering motor, and setup sensors that would allow
the droid to be semi-autonomous (no Micro Scout).

  As I am new to this robotic thing, and help or information would be greatly
apprciated.  Responses via lugnet or e-mail are welcome.

Thanks
Jim
jim@aircredit.com