 Robotics / 9196
Re: The "Which Set Should I Buy" FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 05:47:25 GMT

But 8735 costs $30-40, and comes with that clutch gear, a motor, and lots of other Technic parts.

However, if you bought your RIS1.0 since 8/1/99 like I did, it only costs $3.95 for the upgrade, WELL worth it.

Clint Rutkas wrote:

<< Also, I'm not at all convinced that the RIS 1.5 upgrade is worth $30, if
you're not using Lego's software. (Which you probably shouldn't be anyway!) >>

I viewed it more of a need for the clutch gear, and the upgrade costed 25, to find a cheap set with that gear would be a steal, so for the 72 some odd peices, I went for it JUST for the gear.

Clint Rutkas
FIGHT REALITY

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: