 Robotics / 914
    Re: legOS —Brett Carver
   (...) I'm not going to touch the legal issues being talked about, but let me try to address the technical ones. A micro-processor (CPU) is composed of a bunch of registers, adders, buffers, memory I/O locations, etc. In order for anything to take (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —Tim L Casey
   (...) Interesting. I view the actual chip implementation as software as well. Having seen a number of chips being built from scratch (like 3), and seeing the simulators for these chips run, then seeing the chip production source code (which is a lot (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —Markus L. Noga
   (...) You have a strong point here. Since the advent of VHDL, Verilog and the like, hardware is created with programming languages when full-custom design istn't worth the bother. (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)