 Robotics / 9085
    RE: RCX Output —Avery, Amos E.
   Thanks for the much-needed input. My goal was/is to eventually build a fun, interactive multiple train layout with seemingly random events triggered by multiple networked RCX's. It looks like I may be designing a machine that manually turns the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Output —Nick Taylor
   F'amos ... multiple networked RCX's would get pretty expensive. You might want to consider a BASIC Stamp from Parallax or a BasicX device from NetMedia. (2 URLs) is if you can tolerate a train system that isn't 100% pure LEGO. Have fun, - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Output —Terry King
   The Rcx uses 3 H-Bridge chips whose spec sheet is at: (URL) relevant specs are: * Small package (SOIC16) * Current limitation Low power consumption * Over temperature protection * Direct microcontroller compatible This IC drives directly small DC (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)