 Robotics / 9062
9061  |  9063
Subject:
RCX Output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:14:02 GMT

--- Nick Taylor <ntaylor@iname.com> wrote:
If I'n not mistaken, the RCX output is pulse width
modulated to control motor speed, while the train controller
varies the DC voltage.

Can anyone confirm the output characteristics of the RCX?
It is my understanding that PWM is used to control RC servos
and not to power them.  Has anyone put a scope on the RCX's
outputs to see what they look like?  If the info is available,
I'd be interested to know the exact output specs (eg. 0-9v 200ma).
F'amos