 Robotics / 9020
Re: Sale Postings (was: Super Car on sale)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:21:02 GMT

Respectfully, I have to make just couple more comments:

I agree that these sets (8848, 8880, 8480) are great for robotics.

If someone asked in this group (.robotics) "what sets are good as add-ons for
spare parts for robotics?", then you have a point (BTW this type of spare-parts
thread has been discussed here before).  But when the post is for a great (or
just a good deal), then it should be posted to the correct group.

Just to be technically correct for those that don't know these sets, only the
Space Shuttle has the parts that you mentioned (turntables, motors,
fiberoptics).  The Supercar and SC-II have a lot of great gears, axels, beams
and connectors, but none of the parts mentioned.

I agree with the donation idea.  Thanks for bringing that up.

-Phil

p.s. Now I see the .robotics group being used to post comments about the 8251
Sonic Cycle.  If this set is related to Robotics, then all Technic
buy-sell-trade will be dicussed here because technically any Technic part can be
used for robotics.

pps. Now moving to ".debate"

Michael Gasperi wrote:

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Has nothing to do with "robotics"

Generally I agree with you, but the Shuttle and Super Car kits are relevant
here since they contain many special parts (turntables, motors, fiberoptics,
etc) that apply to robot building.   People who took advantage of these
great deals should consider that some of the money they saved should be used
to help fund Lugnet.

Mike G.