 Robotics / 891
Re: Cybermaster Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:08:50 GMT

Nice observation! Do you have any pictures of such an arrangement posted
anywhere?

Bill

In message <4.1.19981128213514.00961de0@mail.telepac.pt>, Laurentino
Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt> writes

The trick with bumpers is to mount them on the long end of a lever. Mount
the touch sensor so that the short end short end presses it in when the
bumper is not touching anything. A rubber band pulls the short end against
the touch sensor, pressing it when not bumped. The bumper then releases the
touch sensor. With this arrangement, you can build a bumper that triggers
the sensor immedietately when touched, but has a long way of travel. I.e. • if
your robot can't stop on the spot, you aren't putting any stress on the