 Robotics / 8904
Re: Space Shuttle Set for Sale at ZanyBrainy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:13:05 GMT

Thanks, all.... I found ZanyBrainy on the web, located a local store (but
still out of town), called 'em up, confirmed stock and sale, and ordered one.
A good deal. Thanks again.

Dave Paule

In lugnet.robotics, Jim Thomas <Jim.Thomas@trw.com> writes:
Thanks Alan (and Dave Madden)!  I've been drooling over this set for quite
some time but I could never get around the $150 price tag.  So, I just ran
over to the Torrance CA store (at Hawthorne and Sepulveda for you local
folks) and grabbed one for $75.  I was *very* tempted to buy them all and
make a buisness out of auctioning them off in a year or two but instead I
decided to make this post...

I talked briefly to a (or the?) manager at the store and she said that they
tried to get them last year but couldn't (or only got very few) and it
sounded like this year they got more than they knew what to do with.  There
were a minimum of eight sets remaining (in two different locations) when I
left a noon.  That was as many as I could positively ID, it looked like
there could have been that many more further back on the shelves.  They also
had the RIS, RDS, DDK, and expansion sets but all at full price.

For any of you non-technic lego fans they had a few interesting looking
large sets on sale for 50% off as well.

Thanks again.

JT