 Robotics / 8722
  More Directional transmissions...

At the risk of boring folks with my mechanical tinkerings... I want to create a transmission such that drivng the input shaft one way gives me very slow rotation on the output, but driving it the other way gives me fast rotation in the opposite (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: More Directional transmissions...

(...) I think you want a gear that engages in only one direction of rotation. It should disconnect (or idle) when turned the other way. I haven't thought this all the way through, but I suspect you might be able to use a pair of differentials. You (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)