 Robotics / 8708
  Re: Jumping 'bots?

If the task is to create a gyro, and not necessarily a heavy flywheel, any of the large diameter wheels should work. Actually, if you have one, the old Expert Builder ((URL) giant wheels are quite heavy, and exhibit very definite gyroscopic/flywheel (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jumping 'bots?

From: "The WordMeister" <dwilcox@wordsmithdigital.com> (...) old (...) Be careful with those giant wheels. My brother and I broke 2 or 3 of them as children in playing with spinning them at high speed with a motor. The hub part of them isn't very (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jumping 'bots?

I've always thought that the ideal pure-Lego flywheel would use 4 of the metal counterweight pieces that are sometimes used for the gates in train crossing sets (and one also came in set 8094 Control Center too). You could use 4 of them in an 'x' (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)