 Robotics / 8704
    RE: Tilt —Steve Hassenplug
   The rotation sensor does seem like a very good way to go. The only real problem is you can only detect tilt on one plane (front to back, or side to side, not both) Unless, of course, you have two rotation sensors. (I didn't even bother ordering just (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Tilt —Dennis Clark
      I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet. This is a way to get two axis tilt sensors. It is basically tilted or not, no graduating scale, but, see below later... Get an old Bic ball-point pen. Cut two cylinders to some arbitrary length. Bend (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Tilt —Brian Alano
   I tested the touch sensor approach...I think it will take too much weight/force to trigger the touch sensor. I'm now working on using the Mindstorms light sensor as a tilt sensor. I hung a freely swinging brick flush against the light sensor. As the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Tilt —Christian Jacobsen
   (...) [snip] (...) direction. What about inverting the problem? You could have a vertical shaft with a weight at the top, and some sort of resistance at the bottom (rubber bands? elastic strips?). Something like this: _____ | | | | <- weight ----- | (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)