 Robotics / 8697
    RE: Tilt —Jim West
   Ok, here's another idea. I just ordered my first rotation sensor...and note that I do not know the details of this sensor yet. Would it be possible to attach a pendulum to the rotation sensor and use it to measure the amount of angle? If so, you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Tilt —Wes Matchett
   I was considering the same thing; there are a few advantages of using rotation sensors: - They would measure all degrees of tilt, but any circuit interrupted type (touch sensor, rod & ring, etc.) will only sense a single angle. - They could sense (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Tilt —Rich Thompson
   The halobot I built uses a pure lego mechanism that does a similar trick with a rotation sensor ((URL) I use it for bump detection, but it would be serviceable as a tilt sensor. It takes a pretty good "tilt" to register the rotation sensor in a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)