 Robotics / 8570
Re: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:21:18 GMT

No, it's in ROM memory (like the Cybermaster).

CU  Bert

Lego robots and artificial intelligence www.bvandam.net

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mike Kory <kory@advancenet.net>
Aan: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Datum: vrijdag 26 november 1999 23:06
Onderwerp: Re: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes

Does the Scout have firmware? I'm not aware of any being downloaded to the
brick.
Mike

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message
By the way I didn't reverse engineer these codes. They just appeared to • me
in a Thanksgiving turkey induced dream.

Could you eat more turkey and find the 0x52 opcode that unlocks firmware? • This
would let us make custom firmware for the Scout.

I'm still justifying the need for a Scout :-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com